Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Closing Thoughts - EDUC 422

Prior to taking this course, the phrase 'technology integration' meant incorporating some sort of technology into the classroom and curriculum whatever it maybe. Now, I believe that technology is definitely a helpful tool as long as it is being used in the right way. There needs to be a reason for the tool to be used rather than have a tool and force it into the lesson. Through this course, I was introduced to new digital tools that I never knew existed. 

One of the topics that really stuck with me is the idea of digital citizenship and responsibilities. I think it is crucial for us as educators to teach our students about this. Too often, do people post something without thinking about the long term consequences. If we educate students on what it means and looks like to be a citizen in the digital age than I think we can really make a difference in our students future. 

After reading multiple articles and furthering my research, I don't think that I have really changed my mind regarding any specific topic discussed in this course. I feel as though my beliefs remained the same throughout this course and will continue to remain the same throughout my career. However, I still plan on looking more into ways of incorporating social media into my classroom and into my curriculum. 

EDUC 422 has definitely changed the way that I thought about technology integration. My eyes have been opened and I have seriously started to research and consider ways these digital tools can help my students. I feel more confidant that I can make an educated decision regarding this topic and know that I can and will be able to help my students when the time comes. 

Thanks Adina! You have really influenced and inspired me and I know that I will take the things I learned in this course and apply them to my future classroom! 

1 comment:

  1. Julia,
    You now have a lot more tools in arsenal and the skills to locate and evaluate new ones. I am confident you will integrate technology in your classroom in meaningful ways to support student learning. Best of luck as you continue in your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete